Monthly Archives: May 2005
…dream that Doug has a baby (not a wife or girlfriend, but Doug himself) named Jeffery David DaBruno(?) Bowman. Ugh! My 6:30 am dream did not answer the question of “Will the baby grow up to be a WaSP mafioso leg breaker for no use of tables in layout?”.
I suppose it does not help that my bedtime reading has been the Zen of CSS Design.
After trying a wide variety of RSS readers – online ones, stand alone software, and plug-ins for Mozilla, I happily settled on InfoRSS. InfoRSS has a jaunty ticker of my fave blog and news headlines trotting along on the bottom toolbar of my Mozilla browser and mail. I see it out of the corner of my eye all day and when it trots out a headline that I have not seen yet, I click on the headline and InfoRSS brings up a new tab with the blog post or website in question. A lovely system for someone who enjoys the visuals of a website as much as the content.
But now I am mentally swimming in blog reading and dreaming about it… Sorry Doug.
Mon 05.23.05 – Three months since I wrote the landlady requesting that the overgrown backyard ficus get trimmed and three weeks after grass seed was planted, I came home from a client meeting to discover the ficus being chopped and the new grass trampled. Good thing that there is a half bag of seed left…
Wag passed the baton to me… Thanks Wag! Here’s my contribution to the musical meme that continues to trot around the blog-world:
Total volume of music files on my computer: A peasly 2.68 GB. I only keep what I am currently listening to on my computer, the rest of my music is cds in my car or room. I like to leave room for lots and lots and lots of photos.
Last CD I bought: Gurgle… gurgle… agh…
I must admit as an editor on an online music zine and the co-booker at Alex’s Bar … lots of cds come in the mail, very rarely do they get bought…
Song playing right now: I am currently taking $ at the front door at Alex’s tonight for the Icarus Line / 400 Blows / Darker My Love show. Darker My Love is playing, I don’t know the name of the song.
Five songs I listen to a lot these days: I have had the same 5 cds in the car for a couple of weeks now, including my road trip to the Bay Area, and all of these songs I listen to on my computer frequently as well:
1) Gina from San Jose – Eleven Hundred Springs – I love the honestly in Matt Hillyer’s voice as he sings this raw honky tonk love song to his real life lady.
2) The Outlaw – Dropkick Murphys – I love the Murphys. Love the power of this song. This is the best song off of the last CD, Blackout.
3) City of Blinding Lights – U2 – This song has grown on me. When I first heard it, I thought it was too slow and a bit schmaltzy lyrically. Now I love it.
4) This Old House – Loretta Lynn – The whole of the “Van Lear Rose” CD makes me happy and sad at the same time. I like to listen to it late at night a cry. Specifically, “This Old House” is a great tale of a song with wonderful, spacious old timey instrumentation.
5) Hey Bartender – Laurel Aitkin – This “First Wave” Ska song makes me laugh whenever I hear it. It is very infectious, esp. the hiccups.
And now I pass the baton to:
Megan and Murray